Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy 15th Birthday Brynn!


I had a few people on Facebook who were interested in how I made Brynn's 15th birthday cake.

I started with a basic frosted chocolate cake. I added chocolate dipped mint Oreo cookies to the side of the cake. These cookies are flat on one side. I then arranged regular mint Oreo cookies cookies around the top of the cake, placing them on end and one in the center of the cake. I then created a circle inside of those Oreo cookies using the flat sided dipped Oreos. Inside the circle I poured Andes mint chips that I bought at the baking section at Wal-Mart. At Wal-Mart near the cake sprinkles, birthday candles and squeeze gels and frostings there are small bags of colored Sixlets. I placed a dab of chocolate frosting on each Oreo around the top of the cake and then placed a mint-colored sixlet on top. I then placed a dab of chocolate frosting at the center of each dipped Oreo around the edge of the cake and placed a mint-colored Sixlets on it. Actually, Tate did the Sixlet placement for me!

After the cake was finished I made a spot in the refrigerator for it and refrigerated it for several hours to harden the frosting and keep everything in place.

Now you can make your own mint Oreo birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment